“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.”
While some are just called animals, there is yet another category called pets. A pet is an animal who is a man’s companion to provide an excellent and full love company protection and support.
We are aware of the immediate joys and happiness we get with having a wonderful companion animal, but pets benefit and help us even in the long run. Pets promote a healthy lifestyle along with the unconditional love and affection they give. Caring for them also helps us live longer.
A lot of research is done on the various aspects and benefits of a human-animal relationship. People with pets are less likely to suffer from depression, blood pressure, and many life-risk diseases, and a reduced heart attack rate. They relieve us from both mental and physical tensions. How caring for pets benefits humans: –
- Exercise: – Exercising is not only about hitting the gym every day. A long walk with your dog, a chase with your kitten, or a horse ride are fun and healthy exercises that become a part of your daily routine without letting you get bored by doing so again and again.
- Great Companions: – Loneliness can trigger depression; having a pet and caring for them not only take you away from daily problems but also makes you feel wanted.
- Stress Busters: – Talking and touching are two ways to reduce stress, and pets help in a big way in reducing the same.
- Social Lubricants: Taking your pet to a nearby park helps you befriend other pet owners. Also, taking them to veterinary and pet stores lets you socialize in a big way.
- Boosts Confidence: – Having a pet lets you be more comfortable and eases anxiety and increases the Confidence of people scared of going out in the open.
- Structured Life: – Like humans, pets have a daily routine; make and adhere to the way. So no matter what mood one is in, one has to exercise and feed them and care for them.
Nurturing Your companion animal
Having a pet is a full-time job. So along with the benefits, we can have from a pet, it should be our duty to care for them in the best possible manner. Like a child, a pet is dependent on you-right from food to health to safety and, of course, love. Some tips to keep in mind to nurture your companion animal: –
- Food of your pet should be able to suit and meet their nutritional needs.
- Walk time is bonding time. Go for a walk with your pet. It will strengthen the bond between the two and will not only keep you healthy but will help your pet stay fit as well.
- Regular cleaning of the pet by bathing him one’s a week and brushing him will help him stay healthy and away from germs and diseases.
- Since a pet isn’t able to talk, it takes an expert to know whether they are fit or not. Regular visits to a vet can keep them healthy and fit.
- Love is the be-all and end-all in a human-animal relationship as well. So show your pet that you care for them and love them immensely. They will be sure to love you back.
Some people keep rabbits, guinea pigs, fancy rats, turtles, etc., while the most common ones being dogs, who are for many reasons known to be a man’s best friend, cats, and fishes, etc. Thus, most pets become an essential part of one’s life with time become family members.
So, it does not matter what category you choose; what matters is how you treat them.
A famous saying says, “He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.”